Friday, October 21, 2011

Week 7 - There is NO condemnation!

Hello my M&M Friends!

I hope you have had an absolutely wonderful week. I apologize that I messed up last week's recording, but I fixed it and it is available if you click here. I also uploaded this week's lesson - (click here for Week 7).

This week we hugged the Japan mission team "goodbye" as they went on their short term trip... Our dear Dave Bindewald is in that group, of course, along with my daddy Jim McFarland. Please be praying for that whole team- that they would be covered in God's grace throughout their trip and that they would share Christ's love with the Japanese people. If you want to keep up with their journey, check out Dave's blog- http://sushieaters.blogspot.com

Here is this week's message from Barb!
~~~~~~~~
Hi Sisters! This week we chewed on Romans 8:1,2: Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

I hope you listen to the recording and hear the story of the red convertible "salvation" car and the story of the birds tied to strings who are set free. I gave out two new quote cards:

YOU ARE FREE!
No matter how defeated you may now feel in your battle with sin, you are no longer in bondage to it. Although sin’s influence will always be with you, its dominion over your life has now been broken through the cross. Although you were once a slave to sin, the Good News is that you are now free from that old master (Rom.6:5-18).
You are now called by God to claim that freedom from sin’s domineering power over your life. No matter what your current struggle, true hope exists for lasting change."
There was also one by Dr. Steve Childers which helps explain how the gospel is also our power for fighting sin:

"Therefore, the gospel message should be seen as not only a message of good news for lost people to be saved from sin’s penalty, but also as a message of good news for Christian people to be saved from sin’s domineering power.
The goal of the gospel is not merely to forgive us, but to change us into true worshippers of God and authentic lovers of people. We often reduce the gospel to “God’s plan of salvation” for lost people to be saved from sin’s penalty, not realizing that it is also “God’s plan of salvation” for Christians to be saved from sin’s power. The same gospel message that saves sinners also sanctifies saints."
I loved the quote by John Bunyan which I also shared:

“Run, John, run.” The law commands,
But gives neither feet nor hands.
Better news the Gospel brings;
It bids me fly and gives me wings.

So, ladies, let's take God at His Word and ask the Lord to teach us how to use the wings He's given us.

I love M&M-ing with you,
Barb
~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to meditate (and memorize) this week's verse! :) I hope you can join us for our recital on December 4th!

#7 ADOPTED!
GALATIANS 4:4-7

But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father". So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir."

No comments:

Post a Comment