Saturday, November 19, 2011

Last Lesson :*(

Good morning, fellow M&M'ers!

I hope that you've had a wonderful week- it's been quite eventful for me. We closed on our house on Thursday, which was also my daughter Emily's first birthday! God is so good- we hope to get settled soon. I must say that this has been such a wonderful few months and I'm sad to see our time together come to a close, but so excited about all of the verses we learned! Thanks for joining us on this journey of feasting on God's word. Many thanks to Barb for her countless hours of prayer and preparation and for allowing God to use her in this amazing way. The Lord has given her a gift for sure and we appreciate her sharing it with us!

All that said - a few items of business:

BUSINESS:
Michael Card Concert at Lex Pres Church this Saturday, November 19th; 7pm. Tickets $12 if bought early at the church or online at iTickets.com; $15 at the door.

Our Recital!! Sunday, December 4, 6 pm. Lexington Presbyterian Church sanctuary. Reading cards is absolutely okay! Come join your other M&M-ers, especially you onliners if you live locally. We'd love to be with you face-to-face. We will be reciting Cards #1-11 plus the Benediction.

Here is Barb's Summary of this week's lesson: (Click Here to download!)

Hi ladies! As of this lesson, you have made it through the Fall 2011 M&M term! Our last classes were this week. "What," you say, "there's 2 more verses?" Sorry about that! I never could count very well! Actually, I knew that I would be leaving you with one verse to M&M on your own after this series ended, and then we decided since all the other classes at church are finishing this week and not picking back up after Thanksgiving, that we would do the same. This lesson wraps the theme up well, I think, so consider the last 2 verses my Christmas presents to you!

This week we meditated on our "green" verse. This marks a new category. Remember our first index card describing the sections? The green cards represent " MY WORK WITH GOD – COOPERATING WITH HIM DURING THIS LIFEE FOR MY SANCTIFICATION". We have meditated on some of the wonderful gifts we have received as heirs of God. I wrote up for myself a summary of some of the powerful truths that I learned from this set of verses and shared it in class. Here it is: (Click Here or right click and "save as".) I encourage you to write one up for yourself. Make it personal; put your name in it.

So now, what is our response? How do I live out of the gospel? We walk by faith not by sight. We waltz with our King! Waltz? What do you mean? Listen to the class here.

It has been my privilege and my joy to lead you all through this series of "Arise-For He Has Risen!". Thank you for investing the time and effort to memorize and meditate on God's Word. As you feast at Thanksgiving and Christmas parties coming up, I hope you will not forget these delicious, soul-satisfying portions of God's Word. "His words were found, and I ate them. And they became to me a joy and the delight of my heart." Jeremiah 15:16
Lots of love,
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment