Thursday, March 22, 2012

Week 12!


Hey Ladies!

I hope you all have had a wonderful week. Barb came over to my house the other night and she wanted me to share my method of memorizing- I have a big blackboard in my kitchen which is right over Emily's highchair. I can read my verse while feeding her or while cooking and it's a very helpful tool. I don't have the prettiest handwriting though...




Here's your quick link and next week's verse...followed by Barb's summary. Enjoy!


#13 LIFE IN COMMUNITY - HEBREWS 10:23-25
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

~~~~~~~~~

Hi ladies,
Our M&M class on "Thy Kingdom Come" is almost over! Next week is the last class, and it makes me very sad to think it will probably be my last regular class in the States for a while.

BUT I am very happy to tell you that we have decided that you're going to be stuck with me! Even though Dave and I are heading back to Japan when all our support comes in, I am going to continue leading the M&M ministry, with the help of our dear Leslie and several others! I am so happy! I laid it down many times; I kept praying, "Lord I will give this up if it's Your will....I know there are others...I know You want it to continue, and I am willing to totally let go and let others take my place." But time and time again, every time I sought counsel on this, I have only heard "I think you should continue...are you able to?" So, at least for the near future, even as we go to the far East, we're going to use technology and Leslie's gifts and try to make this happen!

Please be praying for M&M: that the Lord would use this simple program to get His living Word in the hands of many women...in other churches here in the States, in Japan, in cyberspace, in ????. In a few weeks I've been asked to share about M&M at a Missionary Women's Coffee sponsored by Missionary Resource Center in Columbia. Imagine missionary wives and single women (who have computer access) able to M&M even when they're struggling with culture shock and the pressures of ministry on foreign soil!

We'll tell you more about it AT OUR M&M PARTY! Thursday, March 29, Brenda Brittingham's Beautiful Basement, 7:00pm. Please come if possible!

This week in our meditation time we focused on 1 Peter 4:7-10, particularly the part "Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms." We talked about gifts, and here are the 3 statements I found about gifts in my study Bible:

1. A spiritual gift is an ability to express, celebrate, display, and so communicate Christ in a way that builds up and strengthens the faith of other Christians and enlarges the church.

2. Spiritual gifts may be broadly classified as either abilities of sppech or of loving, practical helpfulness. However much they differ as forms of human activity all are of equal dignity when one properly uses the gift one has.

3. No Christian is without some gift of ministry. It is every believer's responsibility to find, develop, and fully use whatever capacities for service God has given.

Then I read a wonderful story about using our gifts from Tales of the Kingdom by David and Karen Mains called "The Apprentice Juggler".

I pray you will chew well on our next verse and that your "soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food". Sound familiar?

Love,
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment