Hello ladies :)
Barb is so much more eloquent than
me so you will enjoy reading her letter below! In the wake of so much
tragedy and sadness, this message is exactly what we need to hear. Just a
couple quick items of business.... Did you know that Dave and Barb are coming
back to the US for a short time in AUGUST?! Barb would like to have an
M&M gathering during that time and we would love to have anyone/everyone
join us! We will share dates as soon as we have them.
It has been such a joy meditating
and memorizing with you this semester. I'm sad to see it come to an end,
but we should continue to meditate on these precious verses. Our friend
Lisa found a beautiful song that really captures all of the "I AMs"
we've been studying. Click here to watch/listen and click here to read the lyrics.
We love you all! Please read
Barb's summary and message of encouragement below:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My dear M&M sisters,
Once again there have been
difficult, frightening days for America. I have watched the news and videos
from this side of the world and have grieved with you all. As I meditated
on this week's verse, "I am the Alpha and the Omega", God comforted
me and reminded me that HE WILL HAVE THE LAST WORD. "He is the
Beginning and the End." During the lesson I quoted John Piper:
"Even if you know you are saved in the raft with the Captain, the
lightning and the thunder and the 80 foot waves and darkness and gale winds
ought to fill you with shivering awe
and a trembling gratitude that you were plucked out of the
water. It is no small thing to be
alive between the Alpha and the Omega of our Creator."
Earlier today I saw that my son
had posted this picture of our granddaughters. He entitled it, "HOPE
SPRINGS ETERNAL". We have been born again into a living hope. Ultimately, our God wins. We win because we're with HIM. May
these truths about our great I AM God keep our hope alive. It is in our I
AM God that "we live and move and have our being." Worship Him
with me and remember: things are NOT as they seem! "He (Moses) persevered
because he saw him who is invisible."
I have loved M&M-ing with you, dear friends. Until
next time!
Barb
REVELATION 21:6
He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of
the water of life.”
No comments:
Post a Comment